Tuesday, June 23, 2009

1st Crater Lake hike of the season

I'm off to Crater Lake for two days of hiking and checking out current conditions. Tonight at 8pm (at the Community House at the rim) Charlie Bacon is giving a talk. He is a USGS geologist with lots of experience at the park. My camera body is up in Portland being fixed, so, I'm hoping to have it back in a few more days.

Yesterday, I hiked the two southern trails at the William L. Finley Nationald Wildlife Refuge. These were the Beaver Pond and Cattail Pond Trails and the Cheadle March Trail. This included visits to the Pigeon Butte Natural Resource Area (NRA). Adjoing it is the Maple Knoll NRA, however, I did not see a trail to it.

Oregon Public Television (OPB) has a nice video (about 10 minutes) on Finley. Very enlightening.



1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    Thanks for the comment on my blog. I love your photos of Crater Lake, especially with the snow. You really do live and work in a special place....one I hope to revisit!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete