Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Andrews Forest Admin. History - A Good Read Almost Finished

This morning, I completed chapter 5 of Necessary Work: Discovering Old Forests, New Outlooks, and Community on the H. J. Andrews Experimental Forest, 1948-2000, by Max G. Geier, March 2007. Basically, it is a administrative history of the "Andrews", how it's research focus has changed over time. It's great background material if you want to photograph the Lookout Creek Trail or anywhere else on the "Andrews". It's also well written and not as dry as some administrative histories I'v read. You can find a free copy at the Andrews administrative office, where I picked my copy up.

I would recommend this book. I'll give a more detailed review once I'v finished reading it. Another wonderful book to read on the Andrews, is Jon R. Luoma's book, The Hidden Forest, but, that is another blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment